Mar 16, 2018

SOME GUY DID MY MOVIE

So I was googling my film idea to see if anyone had written any short sotries similar to mine, so I could see how exactly I want to film it and what scenes and such are crucial to the development of the story and to MY SURPRISE Someone has already done it. You can find it here. So now I'm really struggling because this is literally my idea word for word and I don't want it to seem as if I'm ripping this guy off, but I am also really excited to produce this film and realize my idea, so right now I'm just trying to figure out how I want this to be made without being too similar to his film but also staying true to what I had in mind. I think what I will probably do is continue with my idea but reframe the genre, his is a sci -fi thriller and mine I think will be horror. I already know how I want to end, and I won't say it here but I also do knbow that I want the serial killer and victim to play a cat and mouse game. On top of this, the music was incredibly well chosen for the film and I feel like that's a huge part of why this guy's film, albeit infuriating because it's my idea was actuallly pleasant and quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

I've learned a lot throughout this film. Mainly what I am capable of doing when I really enjoy it. I do feel like I could have done a l...