Mar 2, 2018

Idea (so far)

So I was thinking of doing a movie about a time traveler. I have more ideas but I'm not the best at making them concise and understandable, so here's a bullet list.


  • It's not so much about a man who travels through time as much as it a man who has a shadow? of himself following him.
    • What I mean is maybe he'll go into the kitchen and hear a clang in the next room, he walks into that room all fearful and scared and accidentally bumps into a desk or something, this makes that same clang and then he hears someone in the kitchen coming to that room so he runs away. What we come to find is that it was him both times. I know I'm not explaining it that well but I hope in my film it'll make sense.
    • As an objective viewer we would just be watching him go into the other room from the kitchen over and over and over again.
  • A dog dies
    • I'm gonna be honest, but one of the easiest ways to get a viewer hooked on your movie is to have a dog. I know this from experience and literally everyone talks about dog movies. Marley and Me (2008) made people cry,  and cry and cry and cry. I'm hoping to evoke that same feeling in my audience with my movie.
  • Black and White
    • I'm thinking I could have part in color part, in B/W, with a scene of me talking out loud while driving my car like in a movie from the 50's. and the soundtrack in the back is Scott Bradlee's PostModern Jukebox's cover of the White Stripes Seven Nation Army.
  • I want the main character to die, but to be killed by himself not knowing that he kills himself.
    • I want him to have to kill someone and then later in the film, most likely the ending, before it cuts to black we realize that the man about to kill him is him. Maybe this is the point when the audience realizes what's going on. The issue with this is that I would have to keep the audience captivated until almost the very end. Maybe I could make it seem like he's running from someone, and then he kills the person he's been running from in self defense and doesn't realize it's him. 
    • OR OR OR OR OR I COULD HAVE HIM REALIZE THAT HE DID KILL HIMSELF AND SPEND THE REST OF THE FILM TRYING TO PREVENT IT, BUT BY DOING SO HE SEALS HIS FATE. WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOO GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

I've learned a lot throughout this film. Mainly what I am capable of doing when I really enjoy it. I do feel like I could have done a l...