Apr 6, 2018

Research

There's this show, Money Heist and not gonna lie I'm a little obsessed. They do a really good job with editing, quick cuts when necessary, shots that make sense with what's being filmed and even though al this I knew from last year, they use a recurring motif of freeze framing and turning the colors to white red and black. I really like this effect because at least for me, it makes me anxious for what happens, and it irritates me in a good way. It makes me excited for what happens next. They use it mainly for giving information through text, but I feel like I can make it work in my film. Basing my decision on color theory, I don't think I'll use red black and white, maybe white, blue and black to give the feeling of something eery and dark. My only issue is I want to avoid the blue calming down my audience, or I might use it immediately after really tense scenes to calm down my audience because my entire film is very intense. I'll use photoshop to edit whatever freeze frame I decide to alter the color on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

I've learned a lot throughout this film. Mainly what I am capable of doing when I really enjoy it. I do feel like I could have done a l...